Partner IFAD Investment Project: Sustainable Rural Development for the Poor Project in Ha Tinh and Quang Binh Provinces (SRDP)
Goal: to sustainably improve the incomes and reduce the vulnerability of rural poor households in targeted upland areas of Ha Tinh and Quang Binh Provinces.
Approach: The project will invest in climate-smart, socially equitable and profitable rural development models, focusing on market-led development planning, rural financial services, and market and value-chain investment.
Target area: Quang Binh – 40 communes in 6 districts; Ha Tinh – 50 communes in 10 districts
Target beneficiaries and group: 31,000 households from poor rural households with land and labor resources, unskilled and unemployed rural people, landless people, ethnic minorities who lack income and skills, and small and medium-sized rural trade enterprises and value-chain entrepreneurs
- Market-led Development Planning
- Rural Financial Services
- Market and value chain investments
Implementing agency: Provincial People Committee (PPC), Department of Planning and Investment (DPI), Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD)
Duration: 2013 – 2018
FoodSTART+ main collaborative activities
- Scoping study;
- Stakeholder validation workshop;
- Climate Smart Village (CSV) learning visit;
- Assessment of gaps between existing cassava and sweet potato farming and climate-smart agriculture practices.
- Rapid Market Appraisal (RMA) for cassava and sweet potato;
- Training on cassava climate-smart farming practices;
- Preparation for training on sweet potato climate-smart farming practices.