Partner IFAD Investment Project: Smallholder Livelihood Development Project in Maluku and North Maluku (SOLID)
Objective: To reduce poverty and improve food security and incomes in 224 targeted villages located in the two provinces of Maluku and North Maluku
Target area: 11 districts; five in Maluku (Buru, Buru Selatan, Maluku Tengah, Seram Bagian Barat, and Seram Bagian Timur) and six in North Maluku (Halmahera Barat, Halmahera Selatan, Halmahera Tengah, Halmahera Timur, Halmahera Utara and Kepulauan Sula).
Target beneficiaries: 49,500 farm households belonging to Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Federations.
A cassava field in Indonesia. Photo: G.Smith/CIAT
- Community empowerment
- Boosting productivity by introducing integrated farming systems
- Enhancing natural resource management
- Value chain development and marketing
- Investing in productive rural infrastructure
- Strengthening local institutions.
Implementing Agency: Center for Food Availability and Vulnerability, Agency for Food Security (AFS) of the Indonesia Ministry of Agriculture (MOA).
FoodSTART+ main collaborative activities
- Scoping study;
- Stakeholder validation workshop;
- Piloting of gender checklist for action research;
- Climate Smart Village (CSV) learning visit to Vietnam by IAARD staff;
- Participation in IFAD supervision mission to SOLID.
- Validation of Nutrition Sensitive Value Chain (NSVC) study;
- Preparation of Training of Trainers on cultivation and postharvest handling of biofortified RTC (yellow cassava and Orange Fleshed Sweet Potato – OFSP).
- Preparation for cross-learning visit to Farmer Business Schools (FBS) in the Philippines.